Senior Lecturer in Contemporary Literature and Programme Leader for English Literature, Newman University 2011-Present
Temporary Lecturer in English, University of Southampton 2006-2011
Associate Lecturer in English, University of Portsmouth 2009-2011
Learning & Teaching Conference Papers
- 'Collaborative development of pedagogic interventions based on learning analytics in English, Sport and Youth and Community work', Student Staff Partnership Project Celebration Day, Newman University (June 2018)
- 'The collaborative development of pedagogic interventions based on learner analytics', FASPS Stay Day, Newman University (June 2018)
- 'Student experiences of working in partnership to develop data-informed pedagogic interventions', Birmingham Digital Partnerships (June 2018)
- 'Evaluating the collaborative development of pedagogic interventions based on learning analytics', SEDA conference, Leeds (May 2018)
- 'Pro-active assessment of student activity: reflections on a pilot study into learning analytics at Newman University', Digifest, Birmingham (March 2018)
- 'Freedom to learn: student engagement, digital literary and assessment', Learning and Teaching Conference, Newman University (Jan 2018)
- 'Proactive assessment of student activity: reflections on a pilot study into learning analytics at Newman', Learning and Teaching Conference, Newman University (Jan 2018)
- 'Developing an assessment strategy with students', Learning and Teaching Conference, Newman University (Jan 2018)
- 'Freedom to learn: building communities through digital literacy', TILT Festival of Learning, Nottingham Trent (June 2017)
- 'Freedom to learn: student engagement and digital literacy', Learning & Teaching Conference, Bishop Grosseteste University (June 2017)
- 'Enhancing Learning with Moodle: A round tablediscussion with the English Subject Area', Learning & Teaching Conference, Newman University (Jan 2013)
- Disability and Mental Health Awareness Training, Newman University (Jan 2019)
- Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology, 3 week MOOC, University of London & Bloomsbury Learning Environment (May 2017)
- Postgraduate Research Supervisors’ Forum session, Newman (May 2017)
- Trust and 'Doctorateness' Symposium, Bristol (Feb 2017)
- CWWSkills Workshop series, various locations (2013-2014)
- HEA web residency project, London (2013)
- Learning and Teaching Conference, Newman (Jan 2013)
- Learning and Teaching Conference, Newman (Jan 2012)
- Early Career Teachers of English conference-workshop programme, De Montfort University (Nov 2011) - Training event for early-career lecturers in English Literature organised by the Council for College and University English.
- PowerPoint Training, Southampton (March 2009)
- Teaching Undergraduates: The Transition to Higher Education, Southampton (Feb 2009)
- Career Day: After the PhD, Southampton (March 2008)
- Teaching Contemporary Women’s Writing in the 21st Century, University of Brighton (Sept 2007). A one day conference-workshop on teaching contemporary women’s writing at UG level.
- Writing Skills and Techniques, Southampton (Jan 2007)
- Completion of University of Southampton’s Threshold Induction to Effective Teaching and Learning course (Nov 2006) - A compulsory course on all aspects of university teaching for new staff.
- From Advert to Contract: How to Get an Academic Job, Swansea (July 2006)
- Completion of Loughborough University’s Preparing to Teach and Promoting Learning and Teaching Small Groups courses (May 2006). Two courses run for new university teaching staff.